Saturday I went to Fullerton where I was introduced to the OCTA transit system. Lots of service dogs where there to learn how to ride the bus. All three different buses had wheel chair lifts, loud PA systems, steps, odd doors that made a hissing sound when opening and of course many dogs. After riding the buses we stopped at Knott's Berry Farm for something to eat and a little obedience training. I also got to spend some time at a friends house playing with Nadia, Lex, and my brother Derby. Lex is one big, black cool lab, he didn't mind at all when I jumped over and ran under him and Nadia has always been sweet to me but my brother and I acted like 5 month old puppies running around chasing one another. We all had the best time ever. When I got home I fell fast asleep. http://www.ocregister.com/articles/bus-guide-dog-2180231-dogs-blind?orderby=TimeStampDescending&oncommentsPage=1&showRecommendedOnly=0#slComments
Monday, October 6, 2008
Training on a OCTA bus
Saturday I went to Fullerton where I was introduced to the OCTA transit system. Lots of service dogs where there to learn how to ride the bus. All three different buses had wheel chair lifts, loud PA systems, steps, odd doors that made a hissing sound when opening and of course many dogs. After riding the buses we stopped at Knott's Berry Farm for something to eat and a little obedience training. I also got to spend some time at a friends house playing with Nadia, Lex, and my brother Derby. Lex is one big, black cool lab, he didn't mind at all when I jumped over and ran under him and Nadia has always been sweet to me but my brother and I acted like 5 month old puppies running around chasing one another. We all had the best time ever. When I got home I fell fast asleep. http://www.ocregister.com/articles/bus-guide-dog-2180231-dogs-blind?orderby=TimeStampDescending&oncommentsPage=1&showRecommendedOnly=0#slComments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You look sharp under the seat. Thanks for hanging out with me and my dad on Saturday. We had a great time. I was so tired when I got home I played with my brothers Stetson and Linus for about 5 minutes before I went to sleep.
My dad's putting together a post about our experience on the OC bus training, but he's so long winded that it takes him a while to finish his write ups.
Oh my, what a wonderful adventure!
Post a Comment